Talking points are provided by the national Indivisible Guide. They serve as a guideline for conversations with our Members of Congress based on current topics in congress.
- Talking Points: Apr. 1, 2018 - Things You Can Do To Support Our Teachers …
Our Republican lawmakers in Frankfort just pulled off a bait-and-switch tactic to gut teacher and state worker benefits! State policies that leave new hires without secure retirement options were tucked away in a wastewater management bill that lawmakers passed within hours of it coming out of committee.
- Talking Points: Mar. 25, 2018 - Our MoCs are home this week…
They are taking a recess to schmooze with their donors and the far-right folks who continue to support them. They need to hear from us too!
- Talking Points: Mar. 19, 2018 - Act Locally for Our Miners and Teachers
Thanks to everyone who was able to make it out to the monthly members’ meeting yesterday. It was a great turnout and you could feel the room vibrating with energy and purpose.
- Talking Points, Mar. 5, 2018 -
Still no gun legislation so we are showing up on Saturday, March 24, 2018 to support the national students’ “March For Our Lives” (see below for details)
From the Swamp…
- Talking Points, Feb. 25, 2018 - We Are Tired of Your Thoughts and Prayers
Here are their numbers
And here is what to say
- Tell your Members of Congress (MoCs): don’t pass the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act (a bill that makes mass shootings easier).
- Talking Points, Feb. 18, 2018 - Don’t let them beat you down.Yell and scream about guns, immigration and so much more.
Turn Your Outrage Into Action!
Congress is in recess this week. That means McConnell,
- Talking Points, Feb. 11, 2018 -
Call 1-800-372-7181 about two specific bills and the budget.
- Say no to HB 210 which would allow people to carry guns on college campuses and other public buildings throughout the state.
- Talking Points, Feb. 5, 2018 -
Stop Maligning our Federal institutions for Political Gain! Protect the Rule of Law!
Congressman Devin Nunes has, with the approval of nearly every Republican in the House (including Andy Barr),
- Talking Points, Jan. 28, 2018 -
Focus on Mitch! Tell Him to Keep his Promise!
Imagine if everyone on this list, 1023 of you, called Mitch McConnell this week and told him to keep his promise.
- Talking Points: Jan. 21, 2018 -
Really? Another Government Shutdown?
It is hard to tell these days who is more dysfunctional; the White House or the Republicans in Congress. Either way, we need to tell them that governing is not a reality show.
- Talking Points: Jan. 14th -
Stop the Slide to Racism and Demand Healthcare for the Poor
In this week, as we honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., demand that Barr, Paul and McConnell stand up and speak out against Trump’s racism.
- Talking Points: Jan. 7th -
Tell Congress and the Kentucky General Assembly 2018 is our year!
We are fired up! Across the country, progressives are planning to unseat those trying to dismantle our democracy.
- Talking Points: Dec. 17th -
You should all be feeling pretty proud of yourselves this week. Not only did a Democrat win the senate seat in Alabama (with the New Yorker magazine giving Indivisible members across the country a lot of credit for that win) but some vital deductions have been reinstated into the tax bill the GOP is about to pass.
- Talking Points: Dec. 10th -
Fight the tax scam (it’s in conferece committee)! Fight to protect the Child Health Insurance Program (CHIP)!
- The tax scam is in conference committee now, which means they are trying to find compromises between the House and Senate version of this reverse Robin Hood bill.
- Talking Points: Dec. 3rd -
Help Dreamers and Teachers with a Simple Phone Call. Three actions this week. Calls are needed on all three.
- Congress: The Senate must pass a continuing resolution spending bill by this Friday to keep the government open.
- Talking Points: Nov. 19th -
WORST BILL EVER! We desperately need for you to call
It is called the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Bill” It is neither. The Senate version of the horrible bill passed by the House last week may truly be the worst bill ever.
- Talking Points: Nov. 12th -
Wondering How the Tax Scam Will Affect You? It is Not a Pretty Picture.
They Vote Wednesday. YELL, SHOUT, STOMP YOR FEET AND CALL.
There are so many things wrong with Trump’s tax plan.
- Talking Points: Oct. 30th -
Healthcare and Tax Reform – They are the Same Fight
National Call Your MoC Day is Thursday, Nov. 2
The Trump Tax Reform Package will be introduced Wednesday.
- Talking Points: Oct. 22nd -
Let’s give ourselves a break this week and, instead of calling the MoCs, lets get ready for the BIG fight over tax reform. Go to this site and read the info that national Indivisible has been gathering for months about how Trump and the Republicans are building a top heavy budget and planning a tax break for the most wealthy.
- Talking Points: Oct. 15th -
Why do we send alerts each week? What possible good can it do for you to spend five good minutes to contact Mitch McConnell, Rand Paul or Andy Barr? Here’s why.