Talking points are provided by the national Indivisible Guide. They serve as a guideline for conversations with our Members of Congress based on current topics in congress.
- Talking Points, Apr. 23rd - Will you pledge to schedule a meeting, in the next month, with climate scientists from NOAA and the AAAS so they can educate you and your staff about the science of climate change? Will you record the meeting and put it on your website so others can learn as well? If not, why?
- Talking Points, Apr. 2nd - Russian Influence on Trump Enterprises and Taxes - Synopsis - Trump currently has over 200 businesses registered in Russia. Eric Trump has publicly admitted to significant business dealings in Russia.
- Talking Points, Mar. 26th - EPA Deregulation, Climate Change and Scott Pruitt - Synopsis - The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) in 2014 produced, by reviewing 30,000 scientific documents, by 800 scientists from 80 countries, the most definitive scientific declaration to date that the climate change we are experiencing is man-made.
- Talking Points, Mar. 19th - ACA Repeal and Replace with American Health Care Act - Synopsis: The repeal of the ACA will cut taxes on the wealthiest Americans as it increases the health care cost burden for poor and middle class. While some aspects of the ACA will remain in place, key elements such as mandatory penalties for not purchasing health insurance, taxes on device manufactures, health insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies and employers would all end, as would the expanded Medicare tax on wealthier Americans.
- Talking Points: Mar. 12th - Affordable Care Act - Demand transparency for the new Trumpcare bill which was revealed only 40 hours before it was to be voted on in committee. Since people lives and health are at stake, we want the same deliberation and transparency for this bill or
- Talking Points: March 5th - Immigration - We need new immigration laws immediately. These need to lay out exactly what rights all immigrants have and who will be allowed in and who will be deported. This should include a pathway to legal status of some sort and should be based on facts and data but should also be compassionate.
- Talking Points: February 26th - Topic: Trump's Tax Returns - Any one of these could be used as a talking point. 1. Donald Trump has financial interests here in the US and in a lot of other countries. We’ve also seen undeniable evidence that the Trump campaign has maintained close ties to the Russian government and may be vulnerable to blackmail.